- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Kilimanjaro Machame route is sometimes called the “whiskey route” because it is considered more difficult than the Marangu route. It passes through the cloud forest, Shira plateau and lava tower while providing beautiful scenery and different habitats.
Extra days on the Mountain: US $ 400 per person per day
ARUSHA - MACHAME VILLAGE - MACHAMEDrive from Arusha, Moshi to Machame Village which is a 02 hr drive and then walk to Machame Camp.
(Approximate hiking time will be 05 hrs - 07 hrs hike for 10km).
Ascent from 1200m to an altitude of 3000m.
MACHAME - SHIRAToday we have a 6km hike, with an approximate hiking time of 05hrs - 07 hrs.
Today you will ascent 840m to an altitude of 3840m.
SHIRA - BARRANCOToday we have a long hike of 10km, with an approximate hiking time of 05 hrs - 07 hrs with a small ascent of just 110m.
By night, we will be sleeping at an altitude of 3950m.
BARRANCO HUT - KARANGA VALLEYToday’s hike is 4,5km with an approximate hiking time of 03 hrs.
By night we will be sleeping above 4000m, and at 4200 meters above sea level with a 250m ascent.
KARANGA - BARAFUToday’s is a 4.5km hike with an approximate hiking time of 3 hrs.
Today we will reach an altitude of 4700m with a 500m ascent for the highest night of your journey.
BARAFU - UHURU PEAK - MWEKAToday will be the toughest but also the most rewarding day.
We will wake up very early, (during the night), in order to arrive onto the peak at sunrise. This will be a 5 km hike, but due to the altitude and steepness with a 1186 m ascent, the hike will take approximately 06 hrs - 07 hrs.
When you reach the summit, you will be at 5986m, you will enjoy one of the most scenic views that you have ever expierenced.
After some time at the summit, we'll start your descent to Mweka. This hike will be approximately 05hrs - 07 hrs, for 12 km, in order to sleep at an altitude of 3096m.
MWEKA - MWEKA VILLAGE - ARUSHAFor our last day, we'll have an approximate 03hr - 04 hrs hike of 10 kilometers to the altitude of 1600 m before being transferred to Moshi or Arusha.
- Transport to and from mountain gates.
- All parks entry fees.
- All camping fees.
- Rescue fees.
- Guide and porters
- Guide and porters fees.
- All accommodations on the mountain based on with three meals a day.
- Cook and all kitchen utensils.
- International and domestic flights
- VISA’s – Please visit your local Embassy to enquire about the VISA requirements
- Pre accommodation on the first night on your arrival and post accommodation on the last night after your climb can be requested with us at an additional charge
- Pre & post Airport transfers can be requested with us at an additional charge
- Personal insurance
- Tips, gratuities, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Sleeping bags (for hire can be requested at an additional charge)
- All Mountain Gear (can be arranged at an additional charge)
- Excluded are also any items for personal use.