- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Kilimanjaro Lemosho route is an un-spoilt, remote, less-used and beautiful way up to the Shira Plateau. Trekkers sometimes use it to ascend the western breach route or follow it with the Kibo south circuit to ascend the easier Barafu route. The first day of the route is rich in game animals, and armed rangers may accompany a group temporarily.
Extra days on the Mountain: US $ 400 per person per day
LONDOROSSI PARK GATE - MTI MKUBWADepart your Hotel in Arusha or Moshi and drive to Londorossi Park Gate Then onto the Lemosho Glades which is 2100m and has an approximate 03 hr hike. Hike along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite at 2750m with an approximate hiking time of 03 hrs.
MTI MKUBWA - SHIRA PLATEAUThe hike steepens and crosses several streams. Cross the Shira Ridge at 3600m to the Shira Plateau camp which lies at 3500m, with an approximate hike of 05 hrs.
SHIRA PLATEAU - SHIRA HUTA gentle hike across the plateau to Shira Hut camp on moorland meadows while lies at 3840m with an approximate hike of 1h30min. A variety of walks are available on the Plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day.
SHIRA HUT - BARRANCOA rocky path leads east up towards the Lava Tower. Shortly beyond this, you descend to Barranco campsite which lies at 3950m, with an approximate hike of 04 hrs – 05 hrs.
BARRANCO - KARANGA VALLEYScramble easily to the top of the Great Barranco and then traverse over screes and ridges to the Karanga Valley campsite which lies at 4000m, with an approximate hike of 03 hrs. This lies beneath the icefalls of the Southern Glaciers.
KARANGA VALLEY - BARAFU HUTThe trail ascends a ridge to a campsite at the Barafu Hut, an airy location with little vegetation which lies 4600m with an approximate hike of 03 hrs.
BARAFU HUT - STELLA POINT - UHURU PEAK - MWEKA HUTStart just after midnight for the ascent of the screes leading to Stella Point which lies at 5725m, having an approximate hike of 06 hrs. Thereafter you will require hiking another 40 mins to Uhuru Peak. Descend to the Barafu Hut for a rest and brunch before continuing down to camp at Mweka Hut which lies at 3100m and has an approximate walking time of 11 hrs – 14 hrs.
MWEKA HUT - PARK GATEA 3-4-hour descent through beautiful forest brings you to the Park Gate before being transferred to your Hotel in Moshi or Arusha.
- Transport to and from mountain gates.
- All parks entry fees.
- All camping fees.
- Rescue fees.
- Guide and porters fees.
- Guide and porters salaries.
- All accommodations on the mountain based on three meals a day.
- Cook and all kitchen utensils.
- International and domestic flights
- VISA’s – Please visit your local Embassy to enquire about the VISA requirements
- Pre accommodation on the first night on your arrival and post accommodation on the last night after your climb can be requested with us at an additional charge Pre & post Airport transfers can be requested with us at an additional charge
- Personal insurance
- Tips, gratuities, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Sleeping bags (are for hire and can be on requested and at an additional charge)
- All Mountain Gear (can be arranged at an additional charge)
- Excluded are also any items for personal use.