- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This Kilimanjaro Marangu Route is a popular route where nights are spent in huts and meals are taken in dining halls. It is the only route that ascends and descends using the same path. It is often referred to as the “coca-cola route”.
Extra days on the Mountain: US $ 400 per person per day
.After breakfast proceed to the Marangu gate (either drive from Arusha, Moshi Town or Marangu)
Start trekking up to the Mandara hut (2700 m).
Approximate hiking time will be 02 hrs.
.Hike from Mandara hut to Horombo hut with an altitude of 3700 m.
Approximate hiking time will be 02 hrs - 05 hrs.
.Hike from Horombo hut to Kibo hut with a climbing altitude reaching 4700 m.
Approximate hiking time will be 05 hrs for the 13 km walk.
.The first hours of the morning around 01h00 is spent hiking to Gilmans Point with an altitude reaching 5681 m.
Approximate hiking time will be 05 hrs.
Then hike another 1.5 hrs to Uhuru Peak.
Jump for joy on the summit and then descend down to Horombo Hut.
.After breakfast, descend down to Marangu Gate before being transferred back to your Hotel in Moshi or Arusha Town.
- Transport to and from mountain gates.
- All parks entry fees.
- All camping fees.
- Rescue fees.
- Guide and porters salaries.
- Guide and porters fees.
- All accommodations on the mountain based on three meals a day.
- Cook and all kitchen utensils.
- International and domestic flights
- VISA’s – Please visit your local Embassy to enquire about the VISA requirements
- Pre accommodation on the first night on your arrival and post accommodation on the last night after the climb can be requested with from us at an additional charge
- Pre & post Airport transfers can be requested from us at an additional charge
- Personal insurance
- Tips, gratuities, drinks and all items of personal nature
- Alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages
- Sleeping bags (for hire on request and at an additional charge)
- All Mountain Gear (can be arranged at an additional charge)
- Excluded are also any items for personal use.