- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
People travel from all corners of the world, trekking and hiking over volcanoes just to be able to see the mountain gorillas. There are slightly over 700 mountain gorillas left on the globe. Look into their eyes of a large gorilla and they will look back with a thoughtful, intelligent gaze, mindful that you’re another individual. Any apprehensions or nerves you might have had during your trek will melt away within minutes as you see your gorilla family. Gorilla trekking safaris offer a magical encounter that transcends any other ‘wildlife’ experience we know.
ARRIVAL - KIGALI - RUHENGERIYou will be collected from the Airport by our representative and ushered into this beautiful country. We bypass the city, through the scenic country of 1000 hills all draped in unending lush green vegetation cover towards Ruhenger, in the land of the endangered Mountain Gorilla. Here we enjoy lunch at the lodge. You will have enough rest-time, to restore your needed energy for the gorilla trek. Dinner and overnight at a hotel.
GORILLA TREKKING PARC DES NATIONALESVOLCANSAfter an early breakfast, we head to the park to warm up with some coffee/tea. It is important that everyone attends this coffee/tea break, as the briefing about your Gorilla trekking takes place now. Then we head into the jungle in search of these shy but gentle giants. Take pleasure and value every minute of the one hour viewing time you have, with these gentle giants. Thereafter we visit the community living at close quarters to the endangered species. All proceeds obtained, are given back to the community, as a token of appreciating their loving warmth they extend to these endangered giants.
RUHENGERI- KIGALIAfter your early breakfast, we drive back to Kigali stopping at the museum and the genocide memorial grounds. Then we head to the city for your last souvenir shopping and later you are taken to the airport.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation as indicated
- All airport transfers
- Services of a professional English speaking guide
- A safari vehicle (4×4) plus fuel
- Mentioned park/entrance fees
- City/Genocide Memorial centre tour
- 1 Gorilla trekking permit per person ($1500 PP)
- community development and conservation project fee
- Drinking water daily while on safari
- All government taxes and levies
- International and Domestic Flight
- Personal & Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses (Tips, Telephone calls, Laundry, Beverage, etc)
- Airport Taxes
- Alcoholic Beverages