- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This trip couples cycling with the beautiful coastal scenery and karstic Landscape so synonymous with Southern Thailand. You will journey from west to east coast across this narrow isthmus from the stunning beaches an island of Krabi and Phang Nga Bay through dense jungle to the captivating Khao Sok National Park before continuing onward to the East coast and the idyllic Island of Koh Samui. This trip really hits all the highs.
- There is surcharge for travelling on Lunar New Year, Christmas, regional New Year, Tet and other public holidays throughout the region please check with your consultant for date confirmation.
- Please note that this proposed itinerary is subject to availability. We will only proceed with all reservations upon receiving your written confirmation. We recommend your confirmation as early as possible to.
- Flight times and the daily order of sightseeing are subject to change.
- Transfer times are approximate and subject to local conditions at the time of travel.
- All flight times are local.
- All cycling and trekking/walking distances displayed are approximate and subject to the guests’ ability and availability of the route, the guide will use his discretion to ensure safety and comfort for all participants.
- All Destinations: Our guides are briefed not to promote or recommend any specific shopping outlets, curio stores, gem factories or outlets. INDOTREK operates a strict policy on this matter. Should your guide recommend any form of shopping or any other commercial activity outside of what may have been included in this itinerary, INDOTREK can accept no responsibility should you decide to accept any such recommendations.
Hotels and services in the itinerary are proposed for your review only. We will book services once we receive your official booking requirement and payment. Booking status will be advised afterward. In case we cannot book hotel as we initially proposed due to their unavailability, we will choose a similar hotel in the same category and discuss with you for your final approval as the price may change.
Hotel check out is normally 12:00pm but sometimes earlier. Check in is after 14:00pm. Early check in and late checkout is subject to availability only.
Although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed in the proposal, we cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes made as a result of climatic conditions, alterations to flight schedules or other operational factors.
Singles Joining – If you are joining a trip as a solo traveler please add the single supplement to the trip price. If you are willing to share a room please let us know and we will do our best to find someone for you to share with, we will inform you before finalizing the final payment of the trip.
BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of total trip cost per person is required to confirm your tour. Please note that the full balance, as indicated on our confirmation which will be sent to you, is due 45 days before your departure date. If you are booking within 45 days of your departure date the full amount is due when booking. Failure to pay by the due date could be considered as a cancellation on your part and we reserve the right to impose cancellation charges as detailed below (These are default conditions unless you have a predetermined, overriding agreement with us).
Notice of cancellation of your holiday by you once it has been confirmed must be in writing to us. Cancellation charges will be calculated from the date we receive written notice of cancellation. Any amendment charges that arose before the cancellation, and any deposits paid for any pre-booked items or services will still be payable.
If we cancel your holiday you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to us.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Land & internal air cancellation fees apply.
In addition cancellation fees per person/ per trip.
Days prior to Departure
|45 or more||Deposit|
|30 – 44||50% of total tour cost|
|21 – 29||75% of total tour cost|
|0 – 20||100% of total tour cost|
Krabi arrivalYour guide will await you at Krabi Airport in and then drive to the beach town of Ao Nang. Get fitted with your bike, then relax for the afternoon. After a brief orientation head out to Nopparat Thara National Park to a tiny seafood restaurant with an incredible selection of fresh fish, crabs and shellfish for a welcome dinner.
Cycle through Karst landscapes to Au LeukThe region through which we ride for these first few days is filled with karst limestone outcroppings and dramatic cliff faces, surrounded by dark green palm oil and rubber tree plantations. There is a new photo op at literally every turn. This part of Thailand is predominantly Muslim, so calls to prayer are heard over loudspeakers and grilled chicken is king of roadside cafés. The tiny town of Au Leuk is our overnight stop where we relax at a small family run inn. Cycling distance: Approx. 70 km Difficulty: Moderate Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Boat to Phang Nga Bay, historic hotel, night market grazing for dinnerWe leave the bikes on shore and travel by long tail boat out in Phang Nga Bay, renowned for its karst islands towering above the clear blue waters. We'll explore a bit by boat visiting Koh Phing Kan and Koh Tapu, the later gaining fame as Scaramanga's missile launching platform in the James Bond 007 Man With The Golden Gun. Explore the sea gypsy floating town of Koh Panyee before returning to shore. Cycle into Phang Nga town, where we bed down tonight. Dine Thai style tonight, by grazing in the market where vendors offer a wide variety of finger foods and small dishes.
Cycling distance: Approx. 35 km
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Cycle to Khao Sok National ParkThe route turns away from the coast, as you start across the Isthmus. Rolling hills covered with rubber tree farms and oil palm plantations, provide a lush green environment for cycling, as we work our way towards Khao Sok National Park. As we cross the coastal ranges, as vast area of karst outcroppings spreads out as far as the eye can see, our cycling turf for the next few days. At the bottom of the descent is Khao Sok National Park's headquarter area where we bed down tonight.
Cycling distance: Approx. 80 km
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch
Cycle to Ratchaprapha dam / Chiew Larn Lake – Boat to floating hotelPedaling deeper into the park region today, we are enroute to Chiew Larn Lake, create by the massive Ratchaprapha Dam. The forested mountains surrounding the lake hold a variety of wildlife, hornbills, deer, gaur and more. When we reach the dam, we board a boat to travel to our hotel, floating on the lake underneath the towering limestone cliffs.
Cycling distance: Approx. 65 km
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Free day on lake – Boat to crystal cave – Kayaking around shoreWe'll arise early to go look for wildlife coming down to the shore to drink, then after breakfast travel to visit the crystal cave and Little Guilin. The afternoon is free to paddle around the lakeshore near our hotel.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Boat to dam – Cycle to Surat ThaniOur boat driver will return you to shore after breakfast, where the bikes await. The ride today is fairly flat, following the Phum Duang River to the coast. Along the way, your guides will introduce you to the rubber making process, as well as exploring the historic temple cave – Wat Tham Singkhon, dating back many hundreds of years. We'll shuttle into Surat Thani to avoid rush hour traffic, then finish the day out with a great Thai dinner at one of the town's renowned seafood restaurants. Cycling distance: Approx. 55 km Difficulty: Easy Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Ferry to Koh Samui – Cycle to hotelAfter breakfast we drive to Donsak Pier to catch the ferry to Koh Samui. When we reach the island, we hop on our bikes and cycle to our ocean view resort in the Mae Nam area. Before checking in to our hotel, we'll continue by bike to Bophut Beach area to visit Wat Phra Yai sitting just offshore on Koh Pan (better known as Bog Buddha). The balance of the day is yours to relax. Cycling distance: Approx. 40 km Difficulty: Easy Meal: Breakfast
Cycle loop of Koh SamuiOne last ride is in store, looping the entirety of Samui Island. We'll head out in a clockwise loop, so as to pedal through the tourist areas before most folks are up. Along the way we'll stop in Ban Thale to explore 150 year old Ancient House, a teak house made without nails, Wat khunaram, the resting place of Luang Pordaeng and the Laem Sor Pagoda, overlooking the blue sea. End a great ride with another great seafood dinner featuring fresh caught local fish.
Cycling distance: Approx. 70 km
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Koh Samui departureTransfer to Samui Airport for your flights home or stay for some beach time.
- Experienced English speaking guide throughout.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle for transfer and support for cycling days.
- Bicycle rental and helmet for cycling days.
- Boat and ferry tickets.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water for sightseeing.
- All sightseeing entrance fee where required in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in twin/double shared room in hotel with daily breakfast.
- Basic first aid kit.
- International flight to /from Thailand.
- Visas where required.
- Travel Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…)
- Tips for guide, driver, porters.
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on itinerary and trip inclusive portion.