- Trip Summary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This trip is really like something out of an Indiana Jones movie. Paddle down this remote jungle clad river stopping off at remote tribal villages that have changed little over the years. Make camp on the river banks in the evening and watch the stars before getting a peaceful nights ready for hitting the rapids the next day. A true adventure!
- There is surcharge for travelling on Lunar New Year, Christmas, regional New Year, Tet and other public holidays throughout the region please check with your consultant for date confirmation.
- Please note that this proposed itinerary is subject to availability. We will only proceed with all reservations upon receiving your written confirmation. We recommend your confirmation as early as possible to.
- Flight times and the daily order of sightseeing are subject to change.
- Transfer times are approximate and subject to local conditions at the time of travel.
- All flight times are local.
- All cycling and trekking/walking distances displayed are approximate and subject to the guests’ ability and availability of the route, the guide will use his discretion to ensure safety and comfort for all participants.
- All Destinations: Our guides are briefed not to promote or recommend any specific shopping outlets, curio stores, gem factories or outlets. INDOTREK operates a strict policy on this matter. Should your guide recommend any form of shopping or any other commercial activity outside of what may have been included in this itinerary, INDOTREK can accept no responsibility should you decide to accept any such recommendations.
Hotels and services in the itinerary are proposed for your review only. We will book services once we receive your official booking requirement and payment. Booking status will be advised afterward. In case we cannot book hotel as we initially proposed due to their unavailability, we will choose a similar hotel in the same category and discuss with you for your final approval as the price may change.
Hotel check out is normally 12:00pm but sometimes earlier. Check-in is after 14:00pm. Early check-in and late checkout is subject to availability only.
Although it is our intention to operate the itinerary as detailed in the proposal, we cannot be held responsible for any last minute changes made as a result of climatic conditions, alterations to flight schedules or other operational factors.
Singles Joining – If you are joining a trip as a solo traveller please add the single supplement to the trip price. If you are willing to share a room please let us know and we will do our best to find someone for you to share with, we will inform you before finalizing the final payment of the trip.
BOOKING AND PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
A non-refundable deposit of 30% of total trip cost per person is required to confirm your tour. Please note that the full balance, as indicated on our confirmation which will be sent to you, is due 45 days before your departure date. If you are booking within 45 days of your departure date the full amount is due when booking. Failure to pay by the due date could be considered as a cancellation on your part and we reserve the right to impose cancellation charges as detailed below (These are default conditions unless you have a predetermined, overriding agreement with us).
Notice of cancellation of your holiday by you once it has been confirmed must be in writing to us. Cancellation charges will be calculated from the date we receive written notice of cancellation. Any amendment charges that arose before the cancellation, and any deposits paid for any pre-booked items or services will still be payable.
If we cancel your holiday you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to us.
Deposits are non-refundable.
Land & internal air cancellation fees apply.
In addition cancellation fees per person/ per trip.
Days prior to Departure
|45 or more||Deposit|
|30 – 44||50% of total tour cost|
|21 – 29||75% of total tour cost|
|0 – 20||100% of total tour cost|
Day 1 - 10
Nam Ha River – Huay XaiRating: Very Difficult
Distance/Day: 20km Dry Season; 30km Wet Season
Hours of Kayaking/Day: 5-7 Hours
Total Distance: 195km
We will begin our day by meeting at our office. Here the group will meet their river guides and receive some final information before our private transport will take the group to their starting point on the Nam Ha River.
We will enter the river at the Khmu minority village of Ban Tasae. This village offers a great opportunity to witness the tribal life of the people of the Nam Ha. Before entering the river the group will be instructed on the correct use of the equipment and safety information.
Each day we will travel 20-30km depending on the season.
The group will kayak 28 km of the Nam Ha River which flows through the heart of the Nam Ha National Protected Area. The group will then kayak almost the full length of the Nam Tha River, which flows through some of the most scenic landscapes of Laos.
You will kayak through forested valleys and pass hidden villages that can only be reached by foot or boat. This journey will give you the unique ability to encounter ethnic minorities that are rarely visited by foreigners, combined with a challenging river adventure.
During the journey the group will be able to visit several tribal villages along the banks of the Nam Ha and the Nam Tha. Here their guides will teach the group about the different tribes of each region and their various cultures.
A delicious picnic lunch will be prepared and served by the guides each day either on a picturesque riverbank or within a remote tribal village.
The group can also help the English speaking guides with collecting edible plants from the riverbanks, finding edible mushrooms on tree trunks or catching fish from the river.
In the evenings the guides will choose a suitable place on the riverbank to make camp for the night. The guides will build traditional jungle shelters each night before preparing dinner. During the evenings the group will also be able to refresh themselves in the cooling waters of the river.
On the first night, the group has the option to stay at Fisherman Camp, a bamboo hut in the middle of the jungle, instead of a temporary camp. On subsequent nights, homestays in villages along the way may also be possible depending on the location of the group at the end of the day.
The final day will see the group reaching the dam near the end of the Nam Tha, where private transportation will be waiting to bring them the final hour and a half to the confluence of the Nam Tha and Nam Kong (Mekong) Rivers at the town of Muang Pak Tha.
Here the group will be able to enjoy some of the benefits of civilization that the town offers. Tonight you will stay in a guesthouse.
The following morning you have the option of taking a boat up the Mekong to the border town of Huay Xai (own cost).
- Experienced English speaking local guides.
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle for transfer.
- Inflatable kayak.
- Dry bag.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water for sightseeing.
- All sightseeing entrance fee where required in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in camps and guest house.
- Basic first aid kit.
- International flight to /from Laos.
- Visas where required.
- Travel Insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…)
- Tips for guide, driver, porters. We recommend 5 USD/person/day for guide, 3 USD/person/day for driver and 3 USD/person/hotel when you check in/out. This is for guidance only.
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on itinerary and trip inclusive portion.